by Kin Lane on 06 Feb, 2011
Now that we are authenticated with a specific users Google Account using the Google Client Login API, we can start registering a cloud printer.We will register using the GCP /register endpoint:
- printer - User readable name of the printer being registered (need not be unique).
- proxy - Identification of the printer client or proxy (must be unique).
- capabilities - Printer capabilities (XPS or PPD).
- defaults - Printer default settings (XPS or PPD).
- status - Status string of the printer—e.g., Out of Paper, Online, etc.
- description - Descriptive string about the printer.
- capsHash - A hash or digest value of the capabilities data. This value is useful, for example, to compare values and check whether the local printer's capabilities have changed.
- Introduction to the Google Cloud Print Services Interface (kinlane.com)
- Google Cloud Print lets you print GMail content from your mobile device (macworld.com)
- Google to offer cloud printing for Chrome OS, web apps - predicts "cloud-aware" printers [TNW Google] (thenextweb.com)
Network of Sites
Latest Blog Posts
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- A Civic Hacker Corp
- Hacking Your Automobile Dashboard
- A Lifetime of Experience with 'Government Workers'
- Reminder of Why Data Portability Should Be Default: Bye Bye Posterous
- An Author Walk-Through of a Story in Audio
- Who Are The Customers For Your Startup?
- Your Glasses Are Prime Real Estate for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Personal Legal Storage Locker for TOS and NDA
- Add Or Update Your #ReclaimOpen Profile At The Github Site