by Kin Lane on 05 Feb, 2012
Of course CityGrid Places, Offers, Reviews and Advertising are first in that stack, but I want to identify other APIs, tools and platforms that can also assist you in quickly building your mobile app.
As I add items to this stack. I will showcase them one by one here on the blog. The first one on my list is Geoloqi, which offers a pretty impressive set of location tracking, message and geofencing APIs and SDKS:
- Real-time Location Tracking - Low battery impact, easy to setup mobile location tracking system, built for multiple platforms.
- Track Location in Real-time
- Battery Safe Tracking
- Customizable Tracking Rates
- Works Indoors and Outdoors
- Location-Based Messaging - Location-based messaging tools, allow developers to send messages upon arriving, dwelling or leaving a place, as well as time or day or a user's speed.
- Carrier Agnostic - Works with any carrier
- Battery Safe - minimal effect on battery life
- Push Notifications for iOS and Android, SMS and Email for all devices
- Battery Safe Trigger Zones - Enables management of a device's battery life while using location, to minimize battery drain.
- Trigger actions on enter, dwell or exit, speed and temperature coming soon.
- Write custom events to be triggered
- Battery Safe - our SDK automatically manages battery life.
- Hosted Spatial Storage - Create and store places, messages, and geofences.
- Create private places
- Quickly import your datasets
- Search for nearby places
- Automatically sync relevant data to users
- Optimized for use with real-time applications and battery-safe operations
Geoloqi is a perfect addition to the CityGrid Local, Mobile, Social Stack. They offer some essential location tracking, location messaging and storage every mobile app can take advantage of, and they do it all in a way that considers your users battery life--which will make for a much better user experience.
In Spring 2012 they are also working on rich location based analytics, so you can gain more insight into your mobile app users behavior.
I’m adding Geoloqi to the CityGrid Local, Mobile, Social Stack and will be weaving more of their services into what we offer here in the CityGrid Developer Center as well as our hackathon tools.
Network of Sites
Latest Blog Posts
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- A Civic Hacker Corp
- Hacking Your Automobile Dashboard
- A Lifetime of Experience with 'Government Workers'
- Reminder of Why Data Portability Should Be Default: Bye Bye Posterous
- An Author Walk-Through of a Story in Audio
- Who Are The Customers For Your Startup?
- Your Glasses Are Prime Real Estate for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Personal Legal Storage Locker for TOS and NDA
- Add Or Update Your #ReclaimOpen Profile At The Github Site