by Kin Lane on 18 Feb, 2012
I wanted a way to make the rich content available via CityGrid APIs accessible to anyone, even if you weren't a developer.
CityGrid has some great iOS and Android software development kits (SDK) available for building local, mobile applications.
I've also built some samples and starter kits for building local web applications in PHP, Python and Ruby.
Now you can launch a quick section on your Wordpress blog or site that allows you to display businesses for your area, in whatever category you wish.
This CityGrid Hyp3rL0cal Wordpress Plugin is meant to be a project that developers can learn from and even deploy their own local WordPress Plugins that use CityGrid APIs. However its completely functional and could be deployed by any non-developer as well.
Network of Sites
Latest Blog Posts
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- A Civic Hacker Corp
- Hacking Your Automobile Dashboard
- A Lifetime of Experience with 'Government Workers'
- Reminder of Why Data Portability Should Be Default: Bye Bye Posterous
- An Author Walk-Through of a Story in Audio
- Who Are The Customers For Your Startup?
- Your Glasses Are Prime Real Estate for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Personal Legal Storage Locker for TOS and NDA
- Add Or Update Your #ReclaimOpen Profile At The Github Site