by Kin Lane on 02 Nov, 2012
I spend a lot of time trying to find company logos and a little blurb about what a company does. You'd think in this cloudy API driven world there would a simpler way.
I decided to create my own solution. I created an about.json file for API Evangelist.
When you need my company logo, a quick description about API Evangelist or other key information like my Twitter account or Blog RSS, you know where to find it.
Now, could you please create one for your company? You can copy my about.json above, go to JSON Editor Online, paste it in and create your own. When done, make sure and save to your desktop as text file and upload to the root of your site.
I'll always take a look at http://example.com/about.json first to see if a company has it, before Googling on my own for a logo and about blurb.
Maybe some day, every site will have one.
Network of Sites
Latest Blog Posts
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- A Civic Hacker Corp
- Hacking Your Automobile Dashboard
- A Lifetime of Experience with 'Government Workers'
- Reminder of Why Data Portability Should Be Default: Bye Bye Posterous
- An Author Walk-Through of a Story in Audio
- Who Are The Customers For Your Startup?
- Your Glasses Are Prime Real Estate for a Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Personal Legal Storage Locker for TOS and NDA
- Add Or Update Your #ReclaimOpen Profile At The Github Site